Marriage counseling might be right for you if…
- The relationship fails to meet the needs of you and/or your partner.
- Arguments last for days and emotional hurts fail to heal.
- Fights escalate and seem to get blown out of proportion.
- The generosity of spirit you used to enjoy from each other is no where to be found.
- You seem to mis-communicate and disconnect regularly.
- You’re losing interest in each other.
- You can’t seem to carry on a conversation unless it’s about the kids.
- Either partner is using an escape (working too much, drinking, gambling, shopping)
- You seem stuck in rigidly defined roles that are unfulfilling to you.
It’s not uncommon for one partner to be a ‘scout’ for the therapist, starting with individual therapy and then working into a couples counseling arrangement. However, if both partners are willing to pursue therapy, it’s best to start together and find a therapist together.
Please browse our counselor profiles and contact one of our counselors directly to discuss if marriage counseling might be right for you.
Illinois, Wisconsin (847) 205-0371